OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Friday, October 16, 2009

Were We All Just Transported To The 1950s?

Seriously, what year are we living in?

This is what an activist judge looks like.

A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."


He's not racist? Really? His entire rationale for denying the marriage liscence is predicated on race and a complete lack of understanding of how people of alternate ethnicity interact with one another. I'm pretty sure that that is a classic definition of racial animus if there ever was one. But hey, they do have bathroom privileges at his house, so that must mean that he isn't all that bad.

While the Supreme Court ruled in 1967 to end the draconian practice of the state of Virginia telling interracial couples that they couldn't marry, one has to wonder exactly what this Judge in Louisiana was thinking. He obviously wasn't

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive