OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Friday, November 14, 2008

Joe "The Author"?

Yeah.

Right on cue, Joe ( Samuel Wurzelbacher ) "The Plumber" is writing a book.

Well, I think it's safe to say that the "co-author" Thomas Tabback is going to be doing most of the writing. He's probably already got most of it done, as it is slated for release on December 1st.

This latest tale of small-town-guy-turned-media-darling-because-of-lie-I-told-to-Presidential-hopeful is titled: "Joe the Plumber -- Fighting for the American Dream". Well, if your American Dream is riding this show-pony as hard and fast as she'll go just to try and make some money, considering you are broke.

Joe the Plumber is short on cash and unemployed but that's not stopping him from opening a new charitable foundation and penning a book on American values.

"I got no financial offers. I am broke," Joe Wurzelbacher said Monday, explaining that he's got a few ideas on how to spread the wealth to himself and others following bogus reports of a professional management deal and potential country music career.

"I am starting a charity up, it's called 'Secure Our Dream.' It's just about people, neighbors in the community," Wurzelbacher told FOXNews.com.

The plumber-turned-media-fixture got a taste for charity work last week at an event in Philadelphia that aimed to help out family members of police officers killed in the line of duty.

He said he hasn't figured out how he's going to finance the charity, but knows how he wants the money to be spent.

"You know there's a lady on my street that is going to lose her house because of disability. You know ... that's something this charity that I am starting would help, help people directly," he said.


More here.

Hmmm. Spreading the wealth around. That's an interesting concept, Joe.

This next part is just so money:

"Everyone came at me to write a book. They had dollar signs in their eyes. '101 Things Joe the Plumber Knows' or some stupid s--- like that. Excuse me, I am sorry," he said. "You know I will get behind something solid, but I won't get behind fluff. I won't cash in, and when people do read the book they will figure out that I didn't cash in. At least I hope they figure that out."


Does Joe not realize that his fame is based off of "fluff"? And, as per his own words, he is cashing in. Yeah, he knows. Joe, you've been "cashing in" since your little story broke on Fox"News". You know, those people that have bee paying your rent. Yeah, them.

Regardless, I don't see his book debuting on the NYT Best Seller List. Well, unless the publishing houses, Sarah Palin, John and Cindy McCain, and NewsCorp buy up all the copies that are going to be printed. That's been known to happen.

Perhaps a more apt title would be "Joe The Plumber - How Opportunism And Misrepresentation Can Make You Money".

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive