OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Monday, June 22, 2009

It's True, But We Shouldn't Mention It



There are times where I really want to like Meghan.

But here's her problem - she has good intentons, but she continuously comes off as the stereotypical "blonde" when it comes to political discourse.

If she is truly passionate about "bi-partisanship" ( which I think will never be possible ) then she needs to own her convictions - if she really has any.

There are a ton of variables holding this woman back.

She's going to be inextricably tied to her father for the rest of her life. Sure, she loves him like any daughter would - no one is discounting that. But her own point of view is going to be overshadowed by John McCain no matter what she says.

She seems to think that she can move through her socio-political and personal life on the very fact that she is John McCain's daughter. Once she is able to shed that image and that arena of thought, she'll be better off. Should she abandon her faimly? Not unless their own actions are making life unbearable. But, how unbearable can a life been when your family is filthy fucking rich?

And that's a huge anchor for Meghan. She's part of the "elite" in America, whether she will admit it or not. At times, she'll attempt to connect with people but ultimately fall flat on her face when she says something remarkably stupid. Much like she did when she addressed the Log Cabin Republicans:

I am proud to join you in challenging the mold and the notions of what being a Republican means. I am concerned about the environment. I love to wear black. I think government is best when it stays out of people's lives and business as much as possible. I love punk rock. I believe in a strong national defense. I have a tattoo. I believe government should always be efficient and accountable. I have lots of gay friends. And yes, I am a Republican.


Wow, what "mavericky" rhetoric - what power of conviction. Black, tattoos, AND gay friends. Awesome.

The point is that Meghan needs to step it up, prove to the world that she isn't that image that many think she is.

1 comment:

themom said...

Welcome to my site. I've been reading your postings and - I like! I try to like Meghan McCain also, and Paul Begala wasn't really rude to her - but honest. I don't care if she wasn't born when such and such happened, he made a valid point - he was born during the French Revolution but he knew about it. this is what is lacking in education today. HISTORY. My kids never learned history in a progressive manner, let alone, much history at all. That is sad.


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive