OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Single Mommy On Tour

I'm still thinking that this is more Sarah's idea than Bristol's.

Bristol Palin, the daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, hits the campaign trail tomorrow to promote National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy with a solo debut on ABC’s “The View.”

Palin, a teenage mom turned abstinence spokesperson, is pushing the work of the advocacy group Candie’s Foundation for whom she currently appears in public service announcements airing on national TV.

“What if I didn’t come from a famous family? What if I didn’t have all their support? What if I didn’t have all these opportunities?” Palin says amid flashbacks to the 2008 presidential campaign and photos of her with her family.

“Believe me, it wouldn’t be pretty. Pause before you play,” she says.


I wouldn't say "famous" - more like "infamous" - but that's just me.

I've stated this multiple times, but it bears repeating again - isn't this just a perfect example of how conservativism and the women in the movement are used? The Palin family is used to this by now, but who does Bristol think she is that she can "educate" people on teen pregnancy?

And I'm sure that she is so concerned with how other teens having, considering her privileged existence. Believe it or not, there are people out there who actually think that she is some type of role model for teen girls. Yeah, that's who I want my kid to get their sex education lessons from.

In all honesty, Bristol could have smoked crack and had a lesbian fling and would likely be giving a "just say no to drugs" seminar and extolled the virtues of "heterosexual re-education" and conservatives would have labeled her a champion among women. It's a bizarre world to live in and it would be interesting to hear Bristol's true feelings away from the glare of the media spotlight. However, considering what family we are talking about, I'm sure that "going off script" is expressly forbidden and retribution would be swift and serious.

1 comment:

Darius Whiteplume said...

Not sure it is completely appropriate, but:

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." Samuel Johnson

Palin will never pause in pimping her children out for her purposes. I used to love how she knew all about the threat from Russia, but couldn't keep a teenage boy from boning her daughter in the freaking Governor's mansion.


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive