OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Object Lessons

I've blogged about Jonathan Krohn before. He's the tween conservative fire-brand that has been coached by his parents to be a mini-Hannity. His book has been all the rage in conservative circles since his speech at CPAC09



Ads for this tome of conservative, pubescent, angst in the modern world have been popping up again around the internet and I have to revisit this, if only for this reason - what happened to childhood?

I'm not going to get all sentimental and pander to base emotions by conjuring images of kids playing in sandboxes, on swing sets in the summer, or splashing around in the public pool with their friends. I'm just wondering why kids are being forced to "grow up" so soon.

After all, what does this kid ( yes, he's a kid for fuck sake ) know about the real world or childhood for that matter? I can recall at 14 that I knew very little about what life had to offer, and was honestly from a very "sheltered" family. I learned at my own pace, made mistakes and assumptions, and took life one step at a time.

But that was before the internet, before technology had such a foothold in the process of growing up, and before the 24 cable news wars. Growing up back then was much different but there was still such a thing as indoctrination, only now kids like Krohn have people like Hannity, Limbaugh, and Fox"News" to speed the process up.

I can't say this enough, but I honestly feel sorry for this kid.

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive