OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Friday, May 1, 2009

G.I. Joe Trailer

And here's is yet another highly stylized and FX-heavy summer film.

*UPDATE*

Original trailer I posted has been taken down.

Here's another one:





Although I do tend to agree with Samurai Frog a bit on this one, I'm not too impressed with what I am seeing.

Sure, it's a sit-back-and-chug-sugary-soda-and-nosh-on-the-uber-bucket-of-popcorn-that-has-enough-butter-to-kill-a-bull, but where's the substance? This looks like just another Micheal Bay "let's blow shit up" film. Where are the great G.I. Joe characters? Where's Destro? Serpentor? Those fucked-up twins with the scar on opposing cheeks? I know, I know - wait for the sequal.

That being said, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Snake Eyes kick some major ass.

Judging from the trailer, we won't have to deal with any whining from the Right that Hollywood is "exploiting 9/11 imagery" since it was the Eiffel Tower collapsing and not something in the US. Then again, I could be wrong.

1 comment:

wiec? said...

i think they took the video down.

i was sorta looking forward to this movie awhile back but then i saw a short 30 sec preview somewhere and it looked like the Transformer movie but with people instead of robots. so i dunno ...

Tomax and Xamot were the twins. if one got punched the other felt it. i hope they get a spot in the movie.


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive