OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Friday, May 22, 2009

I Kick Ass For The Lord

Ten points to the person who can name that movie quote.

( h/t to Josh James at The Sanity Project )

I've seen some crazy preachers in my day. There's a Holiness Church across the street from my mothers house in rural Western Kentucky where they have marathon blood-boiling shout, shriek, and wail sessions on Friday nights. I'm pretty sure they do the who "dancing with snakes" too.

It's Snakes On A Mutha-Fuckin Pew!!!!



He's not joking either.



Seems that NIGHTLINE caught up with Mr. Bentley not long ago.



So, what's worse? The man who prays on people's ignorance and desire to feel touched by "God", or those that cover-up for his blatant lies?

But then there's the people that "believe". This is part of the evangelical movement ( and religion in genreal ) that I have never been able to understand. People "believing" in something so outrageous that it boarders on science-fiction. They know that The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and The Tooth Fairy aren't real, but they are willing to believe that God - this invisible man in the sky - has imbued within a select few people the ability to heal.

Yet, in the face of contradictory evidence, people still continue to flock to people like Todd Bentley.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Hey man. Thanks for dropping by The Sanity Project and linking to me. I'll add you to ye olde blogroll if ya like.

Cheers.

wiec? said...

isn't that quote from Dead/Aive?

ps- no religion is my religon.


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive