OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Case For Spontaneous, Genetic Duplication

( h/t to Chez @ Deus Ex Malcontent )

I often find myself stunned with the simularities between people that I see here in my small town in Western Kentucky and those that I have known from my old college-town of Bowling Green, KY and Nashville, TN.

Whether it be at a local supermarket, the pizza joint across town, or at Wal-Mart late on a Friday night, I often see someone that looks amazingly like someone else that I know.

Considering the very real and verifiable fact that many within this region of the US tend to stay "close to home" as they settle-down and make a family, I have developed this hypothesis - the genetic code ( as it relates to our facial features ) is becoming more and more "simular" within each new generation. In other words, we aren't increasing the size of the gene pool, but just barely maintaining it.

This is not to postulate that there is an abundance of pseudo-incestual relationships within the boarders of Kentucky, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Tennessee, but there is a definate genetic imprint that is echoed within each of the states. Hence, people looking alike.

But, I'm not a genetic engineer so I can't be for certain. Who's to know.

That's being said, here's Micheal Steele and "Humpty" from Digital Underground.

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive