OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Late Night Music Club feat. Bruce Springsteen

There aren't many artists that can capture the spirit and passion of American youth the way that Bruce Springsteen has been able to for as long as I can remember. But was Springsteen has captured is not only that passion and potential, but he has created an American storytelling tradition that can quite literally take one back in time and revisit their own experiences, often from a new and fresh perspective.

For me, that time traveling aspect is present in the Born To Run LP more than any.

This album came out the year that I was born, and each track has spoken to me in a variety of ways since I first heard it. Not to sound overtly corny, but I have often felt that this album tells my life story in a way that I never could have imagined. And the track that encapsulates much of my experiences - and many thoughts of late - is Thunder Road.

So, for tonight's Late Night Music selection, we're going to feature three different versions of this. One thing that Springsteen has been able to do is make his music and lyrics come alive with new arrangements and even with other artists.

First, the original version:



This version is from VH1's Storytellers - an exceptional show that I wish were still around.



This final version is a duet with Melissa Etheridge, and really creates a whole new visual landscape to the version originally recorded with the E Street Band.

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive