OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oops

You know, if I got a call on my cellphone from someone claiming to be President-Elect Brack Obama, I might be a little leary as well.

Perhaps Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen thought she was getting duped just as Sarah Palin - and many others - have.



From Politico.

"I thought it was one of the radio stations in South Florida playing an incredible, elaborate, terrific prank on me," Ros-Lehtinen told the newspaper. "They got Fidel Castro to go along. They've gotten Hugo Chavez and others to fall for their tricks. I said, 'Oh, no, I won't be punked.'"

The call came about 1 p.m. Obama congratulated her on her re-election, saying he was looking forward to working with her as the ranking Republican member of the House Foreign Affairs committee, Ros-Lehtinen told the newspaper.

The conversation lasted about a minute when she cut Obama off, telling him she wasn't falling for the hoax and that he was a better impersonator than the guy on Saturday Night Live, she said.


After another call, and another hang-up, as well as a call from Rahm Emanuel AND Rep. Howard Berman, Congresswoman Ros-Lehtinen finally got the message that she was speaking with the real Barack Obama.

So, what's worse - getting schooled like Sarah Palin did or hanging up on the President-Elect?

Considering Obama had a nice laugh over it, I'd say Rep. Ros-Lehtinen will survive this one.


--------------------------------------------------


Not that it has any bearing to the story, but simply because I just have to ask - doesn't this woman have a striking resemblance to Don Rickles?

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive