OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Power Of Advertising

The modern conservative movement thinks that it's fine for a Republican VP to tell a sitting member of Congress to "go fuck himself", but don't use the dreaded f-bomb to show passion regarding how BP is, well, fucking shit up.

Oil Spill Charity "F-Bomb-A-Thon" from UnF--kTheGulf.com on Vimeo.



I'm not the best person to judge someone's age, but I'm pretty sure that I only spotting three people in that video that were under the age of 18, and one had their ears covered by their mom. And seriously, if conservatives think that a child is destined to because a Nazi-sympathizing, jew-hating, ideologue simply because their parents signed off on them appearing in a video and saying "fuck" twice when they were 10, I would more likely be worried about people like Micheal Savage and Glenn Beck being parents. But that's another post for another day.

To me, this is something that is missing from modern socio-political discourse - passion and a clear perspective. And isn't the point of advertising to grab the viewer attention? Of course it is. I think this is a great campaign and am about to put up my donation and will proudly wear my shirt around my seriously conservative town just to see what happens. In fact, I might even film it just to capture the responses.

Here's an exit question: Why are conservatives so eager to go after a campaign designed to help The Gulf simply because the word "fuck" was doled out less than most R-rated films but will completely deny any racist element of the Tea Bagger movement 24 hours a day?

1 comment:

CrackerLilo said...

These fucking idiots (let's get in the spirit of this!) major on the minors and minor on the majors. What the hell do they think "The Children" around the Gulf have been hearing from their parents since this debacle started? As Ginger the Horse, a character in Black Beauty said, "Bad words are for bad things." The oil spill is a seriously, undoubtedly, horrifically bad thing. Of course, when raw video footage was shown on the anniversary of 9/11, with the very understandable raw language easily audible, the American Family Association had to launch a campaign against CBS for not bleeping it out. They need to be beaten with a perspective stick.

I throttled back on my own cursing a few years back because I didn't want the word for a bloody car crash to be the same word I used when the soda machine ate my dollar. But that's my own prerogative. I'm sick of these People Against Smiling activists that claim concern for The Children overlooking real concerns that hurt real children, and treating fellow adult citizens like children in the process.

In summation, fuck them sideways with a broom handle.


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive