I knew my show couldn't be ideological....Going up against [Rush ] Limbaugh, that would be suicidal. Why would a listener who's already got Rush turn to someone else to hear the same things?
But, Bill, I thought you were "one of the folks". I didn't think you had this inner desire to be just another sychophantic mouth-breather. I'm shocked.
So I was doing a show that was fact-based. It was more news/talk. And we were very competitive. In some cities, like Boston and St. Louis, we beat Limbaugh outright.
Whoa, wait! Fact-based? Are you fucking kidding me?
Here's what Bill seems to think are "facts"
- If gays and lesbians can marry in California, then polygamists would be allowed to marry under "equanl protections".
- There was no connection to G. Gordon Liddy ( the far-right's own domestic terrorist ) and John McCain
- Thinks that no state in America would prevent a woman from getting an abortion if she was raped or a victim of incest ( should that prohibition be constitutional )
- Best Buy orders its employees to no say Merry Christmas
- Mexican Presidente Vincinte Fox was helping traffic drugs into the US
You can read more about what is rumbling around in O'Reilly's head that he believes are "the facts" at Media Matters