OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Monday, June 23, 2008

Some Conservatives Are Far Too Full Of Their Own Shit - Re: Carlin's Passing

It's to be expected - conservatives whine and complain that those on the 'left' aren't as compassionate as they are.

To them, I would say "I don't need your faux compassion, your scripted condolances. Your words mean nothing to me because they are worth nothing."

It appears that Michelle Malkin's jubulantly ill-informed zombie-eque followers are doing their best to give a 'heart-felt' REST IN PEACE to George Carlin, but they simply can't see past their own Republican blinders that the world is in no way the way they are told it is.

Here's a few comments left on Malkin's Hot Air site ( kind of an apt title for a conservative blog, isn't it? )

And the thread is titled "Obligatary" - like "well, I guess we have to do this or we'll look like the ill-spirited, callous prattle-heads that we really are."

He was 71 and had heart problems. It was time. He is fortunate in that he will be remembered. I wonder how many other 70-something unwell people died yesterday and wont be remembered by anyone? It is sad when someone dies…but we all do eventually. No offense meant to anyone, but I just cannot get worked up over this.

HawaiiLwyr on June 23, 2008 at 1:17 PM


This guy should not be eulogized or honored. Look at me, I’m edgy and trendy. I’m saying dirty words that you can’t say on TV. I think Christianity and America are fascist. Then he’ll get his applause from the college idiots and the Bill Maher audience. If that was the counterculture movement, thank God I missed it.

I’m sorry he died, I hope he found the Lord and some peace at the end. But don’t consider him a great.

edbarnes on June 23, 2008 at 3:55 PM


What a bunch of self righteous —-s.

equanimous on June 23, 2008 at 3:17 PM


But, what drives me nuts when someone like this passes is we get hagiography that claims that he’s “brilliant,” or a “genius,” or the “most influential” this or that. Yes, he was funny, yes he entertained, yes he might have influenced other comics…. but he was NOT a great leader and he did not do anything that was so consequential to humanity like curing cancer or what not.

He was just an entertainer and to puff him up as more is just wrongheaded.

Warner Todd Huston on June 23, 2008 at 2:43 PM


This one's just slightly out-of-touch with the neo-conservative thought that if you are or were 'military', then you are great.

Meh.

Served in the Air Force. I guess that’s commendable.

m0nkeyb0y on June 23, 2008 at 1:20 PM


He "guesses" that's commendable?

But this comment( in response to the first one listed here ) is full of WIN. Considering Mr. Keaton has called out one of the Malkinites, i'm sure that his comment will either get scrubed or he'll be banned ( as I was )

It was time for him to die, huh? You know, I was about to respond to you by stating that only a classless scumbag with the heart of dogshit would say anything remotely similar to your rant. That was before I saw your name and realized that you apparently are a lawyer from Hawaii which, by designation, would have rendered my comments simply a regurgitation of the obvious.

DanKenton on June 23, 2008 at 4:23 PM


Now, considering that many conservatives would say that I "cherry-picked" these comments, that would only be partially correct. At the time of the posting of this blog, about 1/4 of the comments say something negative.

The only reason that I bring this up is not merely for the shear predictability of these people, but to illustrate that they are far too full of themselves - so cought up with the sounds of their own voices that they can't possible hear anything that might resemble the voice of reason. Sure, some of Carlin's act was just that, an act. But, I feel that the bulk of it was what he honestly believed. And that, more than anything, made him a far more important American figure than 1000 Michelle Malkin's and her fans could ever pray to be.

So, the next time an excessively vocal, hardline, conservative dies, don't feel like you have to guard your tongue. Speak your mind, it's what Carlin would have done.

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive