OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Monday, July 7, 2008

DeNiro Announces Plans To Make 2 "Good Shepherd" Sequels

From IGN UK

UK, July 7, 2008 - Robert De Niro has announced plans to film a pair of sequels to his 2006 fact-based CIA drama The Good Shepherd.

Speaking at the Karlovy Vary Film Festival, where he was picking up a lifetime achievement award, De Niro explained that he wanted to continue the story of legendary agency operative Edward Wilson – played by Matt Damon in the original.

"I would love to do another story from '61 to the fall of the Berlin Wall until 1989. That is what we are talking about now. Then I'd like to do a third film from 1989 to the present. I'd like to make it a trilogy."



DeNiro has proven to be one of the great actors that can cross-over and be an equally great director. The Good Shephard was one of my Top 10 films of 2006 and I'm certainly looking forward to the completion of the triology.

Of course, look for right-wing bloggers to complain about the next two as well.

Here's what one commentor from FreeRepublic had to say about the film:

According to Michael Medved, it's a dark, dreadful, boring three hour long distortion of history.
I just returned from the theater. Zero stars. Awful.


13 posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 10:32:46 PM by TUAN_JIM (Sic Semper Tyrannis)


Yeah, that's who I want to spoon-feed me my movie-going experiences, Michael Medved.

LOL

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive