OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Violating Their Oath

And another conservative doctor is falling for all the healthcare reform disinformation.

“I’m absolutely serious [about stopping practicing] and it’s not just because I’ll be nearing 65,” Scherzer said. “The stress is what would push me out the door. From what I’ve gathered hearing from my friends and peers, most physicians I’ve heard from feel the same way.”

Scherzer said the bill’s emphasis on punitive measures for physicians not following government-prescribed treatment methods under Medicare would increase his anxiety level to the point he would no longer be able to practice medicine. The maximum fine was previously $10,000; under the bill it will now be capped at $50,000. Scherzer said the fine system makes seeing a Medicare patients a difficult and stressful exercise.

“Doctors have actually committed suicide over these things. There’s no insurance to cover it,” Scherzer said, calling the fine system “tremendously complicated and Frankensteinian.” “It’s absolutely impossible to be certain you’ve complied. I feel like when I see a Medicare patient I have the Sword of Damocles hanging over my head.”

Scherzer said he hasn’t been fined but he was audited by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services several years ago and spent months awaiting their findings. CMS never contacted him with the results of the audit, but he later found out that he had not been fined.


I'm guessing that Fox"News" is going to opt out from interviewing Dr. Scherzer, considering the previous doctor Neil Cavuto interviewed, who told his patients who voted for Obama to seek care elsewhere, admitted to not knowing what he was talking about in regards to healthcare reform.

Again, doesn't this violate not only the Hippocratic Oath, but ethics laws as well? The "Ayn Rand Syndrome" that conservatives are developing is actually going to do them more harm than those they wish to harm.

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive