OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taxation Education

It really enrages conservatives that a comedy program like The Daily Show, and Jon Stewart in particular, can provide far more accurate information on taxation than Fox"News", CNN, or the bulk of MSNBC could even dream of doing.



Crooks And Liars has a great piece up now entitled Ten Inconvenient Truths For Tax Day that is a great source of ammunition against Tea Baggers, should you encounter any today.

*click image to play clip*



Here's another inconvenient truth.

I got my first job in 1992 when I was 17 and have had Federal Income Tax taken out of all my checks ever since. When I get my return after April 15th, I have never once received the entire amount back. I'm 34 now and make less than 50,000 a year and still have Federal Income Tax taken out of my checks every week. I've also payed into Medicare, Social Security, local and state taxes, and I pay taxes on items I purchase - except food. I grew up on a farm and when my uncle died ( who was primary owner of the farm ) there was no Estate or "Death Tax" paid. I could go on......

The point is that there is so much unblushing ignorance within the conservative movement regarding taxes that I'm surprised at all hearing people peddling tired talking-points as fact. Far too often, these words come from the mouths of people that should know better. The tools are out there for everyone to fact check. It's just a shame that people don't know how to utilize them.

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive