OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tea Bagger Polling

According to a new CBS/NYT Poll, 25% of those within the Tea Bagger movement think that violence against the government is acceptable.

While this number is dwarfed by those that call it unacceptable ( 71% ) it only takes one act of violence to tarnish the entire movement. Some have argued that recent terrorist activities in America are somehow connected to the Tea Baggers. But the jury is technically still out on those.

What's more interesting to me is the fact that a plurality of Tea Baggers consider Glenn Beck's and Sean Hannity's programs on Fox "news programs".

Considering the eliminationist rhetoric that comes from Beck and the continual hype of Obama's "anti-Americanism" by Hannity, I'm quite surprised that the number of those accepting of violence against government is as low as it is.

But likely the most bizarre of realizations coming from a poll of Tea Baggers is that more than half of them think their tax burden is fair.

Yet while some say the Tea Party stands for "Taxed Enough Already," most Tea Party supporters - 52 percent - say their taxes are fair, the poll shows. Just under one in five Americans say they support the Tea Party movement.


Is that 52% made up of people that are just wanting to feel like they are part of something? Do they realize what they are a part of? My guess is no for the later.

Think Progress has more.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Honestly, I don't think the Tea Party TRULY understands the meaning of their party. And I don't believe that the leaders TRULY understood the history of the events that they took the name from. Truly sad, when you think about it. I had a student come up to me this morning right after my Astronomy class ask me if I was going to the Tea Party. I just looked at her and said "I'd rather have Coffee, thank you." I don't think she realized that there was a Coffee Party. *L*


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive