OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Beck's Mask Slips

Forbes has what some might consider a revealing interview about Glenn Beck. For me, it was more of a reassertion of all the things that I think about the man.

The Forbes writer does what one would expect when interviewing a person who, as much as it pains me to say this, is a giant in American media. The piece meanders through Beck's back-story, how he got his first big break, where he grew up, and how his company is so profitable.

Then, there's the part that proves what I have thought all along:

With a deadpan, Beck insists that he is not political: “I could give a flying crap about the political process.” Making money, on the other hand, is to be taken very seriously, and controversy is its own coinage. “We’re an entertainment company,” Beck says.


I'm don't think I'm going out on a limb with this one, but I'm fairly certain that most Beck fans don't read Forbes, and those that do will almost certainly ignore Beck admission that he simply "doesn't care". And don't even consider holding your breath waiting for Beck to admit this on air. After all, once his mystique is worn off, once people see who Beck really is, they will realize that every conspiracy theory, even shriek over a microphone, ever silly voice, puppet, flow chart, and bible verse are nothing more than a vehicle for Beck to make money. As for his audience, once he has accomplished his goal - whatever that may be, I'm pretty sure he's not going to give a flying crap about them either.

Think Progress has more.

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive