OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Friday, March 11, 2011

For Love Of Country

Sure, I'm late to the party on this one, but the systemic impact from this could prove to be a great new talking point for the Modern American Right:



There’s no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate. And what I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn’t trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them. I found that I felt compelled to seek God’s forgiveness. Not God’s understanding, but God’s forgiveness. I do believe in a forgiving God. And I think most people, deep down in their hearts hope there’s a forgiving God.

Somebody once said that when we’re young, we seek justice, but as we get older, we seek mercy. There’s something to that, I think. I feel that I’m now 67 I’m a grandfather. I have two wonderful grandchildren. I have two wonderful daughters and two great sons-in-law. Callista and I have a great marriage. I think that I’ve learned an immense amount.

And I do feel, in that sense, that God has given me, has blessed me with an opportunity as a person. Forget about all this political stuff. As a person, I’ve had the opportunity to have a wonderful life, to find myself now, truly enjoying the depths of my life in ways that I never dreamed it was possible to have a life that was that nice.


Because that's all it takes, doesn't it - asking forgiveness from some invisible man in the sky and wrapping it in the America Flag will make even the most scandalous of transgression go away; even from someone as high profile within the Modern American Right as Newt.

It's the new excuse du jour - I love my country so much that I ( insert what would normally be an unpardonable sin in accordance to alleged "standards" of the Modern American Right ) but I sure do love me some Jeebus!

So what happens when the Republican Debates ramp up and Newt has this thrown back in his face? Will that even happen? We've been accustomed to Right Wingers not heavily pressing their own. And if it's Palin that is questioned, then the entirety of the Modern American Right gets all twisted into knots that they don't know how to act. I'd look for the "rules" to change dramatically come May when Republicans gather at the Shrine of St. Ronnie - without Sister Sarah.

Maybe she's going to skip the other debates too because "she loves America and Baby Jesus so much" too?

EXIT QUESTION: I normally leave the "what ifs" to my ideological opponents, but wouldn't it have been great had Clinton used this as his excuse. It certainly would have made for great TV back then but likely would have made Newt's excuse even more preposterous than it already is.

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones