OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Monday, August 11, 2008

Predictability : Michelle Malkin Whines About NBC And The Olympics

I had thought about prefacing this blog with the phrase "if someone at NBC had come up with the cure for cancer, Michelle Malkin would find a way to bitch about it".

But seeing as how it is the conservatives that tend to live in the "what if" world rather than the one that most people inhabit, I'll skip that and get right to the point.

Michelle Malkin - as well as those that follower her as if she has some hypnotic musk or perhaps a tractor-beam emanating from her evry orafice - seems to think that NBC is "supporting" or "glossing over" the fact that China is a "communist" nation.

True, China is censoring the internet, certain members of the press have been detained, people were removed, dust-masks were seen as insults, and some are even claiming that Bejing is becoming a massive police-state for this years events.

If Bejing were a dangerous place to hold the games, the IOC would most likely have not chosen it, don't you think?

But, the Olympics are about a coming-together of nations where a sort-of common ground can be shared and the spirit of competitiveness and sportsmanship is shared and learned from.

I'm opting not to watch the Olympics this year simply because I've lost interest in them.

True, as a former competitive swimmer, I'm hoping that Micheal Phelps gets all 8 golds that he is striving for, but I'm not going to watch - no other reason than I just don't feel like it.

Enter "The Pursed-Lipped-One", Michelle Malkin.

Malkin needs - no DEMANDS - that you have a reason that you are watching the Olympics, demands that you rationalize your reasoning of "supporting" NBC. She demands that NBC fall into lock-step with her and her followers. She ( and a few others ) seem to think that NBC is somehow "glossing over" the fact that the games are being held in China.

So, what do Malkin and her fellow compatriots do? They do what they always do - complain without offering a reasonable solution and ( their favorite tactic ) using Photoshop.

Seriously, if your ability to proficiently execute all the options available through Photoshop somehow made you a respectable and praise-worthy blogger, then Malkin and her reactionary-minions might be something to marvel at.

The truth is, it doesn't and she's not.

You're not going to hear about other protests, other activists' voices quoted, other's statements of disapproval echoed by Malkin unless she has "approval" of them alread. Why would the woman want to talk about anything that she didn't think of to begin with.

This whole "China-Bad-NBC-Bad-Malkin-Smash" schtick brings up an interesting point.

Why is it that so many people wait for a "world-event" to talk about things like nations censoring their citizens, governments removing any form of civil liberties, segregation, genocide, et al?

The reason is, to me at least, it gives them ( Malkin in particular ) the false-glow of "awareness".

You see, we like to admire people who pretend to know what they are talking about.

I'll be up front and tell you that I am ignorant about many things that I should know plenty about. But I learn. I read. I listen. I rationalize. I process and make informed, reasonable, logical decisions.

If there's one thing that I know of, one thing that I can say unequivocally, it is that Malkin has never supplied a "solution" to anything.

No comments:


The Playlist Of Doom



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive